If you’re anything like me, you wish you wouldn’t have to worry about all this legal stuff in your business. It can be scary, right? We know that probably we never need it, I mean who looks at your terms of services, but if we need it, we need it! Thankfully help is one the way, my friend!
In this episode, I’m talking to Cory Sterling. Cory is the founder of the law firm Conscious Counsel, he’s a real lawyer, but also a small business owner, group fitness instructor and yoga teacher. He wrote The Yoga Law Book and has served hundreds of clients in the health and fitness space all across the world. He has presented at conferences around the world, teaching about the law in a FUN and practical way.
I’m so honored to have him on the show and he shared so much great advice and tips, I can’t wait for you to meet him.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- What a waiver of liability is and why it’s important
- The difference between a disclaimer and a waiver of liability
- Why registering a trademark is important & how it can protect you
- Why you need a commercial license for playing certain music in your yoga classes
- The importance of having a client service/yoga teacher agreement